Bhubaneswar: With the start of the new year, people are busy making plans for what could be the best holiday destination for the coming year. If you are looking for a place to relax and rejuvenate, look no further. Odisha has been a major tourist destination in India for decades. The state has some of the most beautiful and well preserved heritage sites, temples, beaches, wildlife sanctuaries and more. Here is a list of ten holiday destinations in Odisha to visit in this new year.
1. Bhubaneswar: Bhubaneswar is the capital of Odisha, and has some of the best historical sites in the state. From the majestic Lingaraj Temple to the grand Udayagiri and Khandagiri Caves, there are plenty of places to explore. It is also home to the famous Nandankan Zoo, where you can get up close and personal with some of the most exotic animals.
Known for their intricate carvings, the Udayagiri and Khandagiri Caves are a great place to explore ancient history. Dhauli, a small village near Bhubaneswar, is a great place to explore the history of Emperor Ashoka and learn about Buddhism. Nandankanan is a great place to spot wildlife and learn about animal conservation.
2. Puri: Puri, a holy city in Odisha, is the perfect place to relax and unwind. There are plenty of places to explore here, including the 12th-century Jagannath Temple and gorgeous beaches. You can also visit the local markets to buy some souvenirs and souvenirs.
Jagannath Temple is one of the four most important Hindu pilgrimage sites in India. The temple has a rich cultural heritage and is visited by thousands of devotees every year.
If you are looking for a unique experience, then you must visit Puri Beach. This is one of the most popular beaches in India. A long stretch of golden sand, it is a great place to relax and unwind. You can also enjoy a variety of activities such as swimming and sunbathing.
3. Konark: Konark is a small town located in Puri district, famous for the ancient Sun God Temple. The architecture of the temple is amazing, and it is definitely worth a visit. You can also explore the nearby Chandrabhaga beach, which is famous for its sunsets. The Konark Sun Temple is built in the shape of a chariot and has 12 intricately carved wheels. The temple also has many sculptures of Hindu gods and goddesses, which makes it a unique and fascinating place to visit.
4. Chileka Lake: Chilika Lake is the largest brackish water lake in India and the second largest in the world. It is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna, including a number of endangered species such as the Irrawaddy dolphin and the Siberian crane. It is an important stopover for migratory birds during their annual migrations. It has a calm and serene atmosphere that makes it perfect for a relaxing day out. You can take a boat trip to explore the lake or even go fishing. It is a popular spot for bird watchers.
5 – Gopalpur: Gopalpur, a small town in Ganjam district located on the Bay of Bengal, is the perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Here, you can bask on pristine beaches, explore local markets, and enjoy some of the best seafood in the state.
6. Bhitarkanika National Park: Bhitarkanika National Park in Kendrapara district is one of the largest mangrove forests in India and is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. It is a great place to see alligators and other wildlife. Lush mangrove forests, estuaries, streams, backwaters, saltwater marshes, and open grassy meadows dominate the landscape of Bhitarkanika. It is home to a variety of animals, including the endangered saltwater crocodile. The reserve also provides a safe habitat for a number of other mammals.
7. Simlipal National Park: Simlipal National Park in Mayurbhanj district is a wildlife sanctuary in Odisha. It is home to a variety of flora and fauna, including tigers, leopards, and elephants. It is a great place to spot some wild animals. Apart from the rich biodiversity, the park is also known for its stunning landscapes. The park is a great place to explore the wilderness and enjoy nature.
8 – Daringabadi: Daringbadi is a hill station in Kandhamal district known for its stunning scenery and cool climate. The place is blessed with a pleasant climate throughout the year and is known as the ‘Kashmir of Odisha’. One can also explore the nearby tribal villages and get an insight into their culture and way of life. The place is known for its coffee plantations.
9- Hirakud Dam: Hirakud Dam is an important dam about 15 km from the city of Sambalpur. It’s a great place to explore the state’s history and learn about the importance of water conservation. It is considered one of the most important engineering works in India. It is a great place to visit for anyone interested in engineering and hydrology.
10. Chandipur Beach: Chandipur Beach is an exciting beach destination in Odisha. It is located on the coast of the Bay of Bengal and is known for its pristine white sands, crystal clear waters and stunning sunsets. A unique feature of Chandipur Beach is the low tide, which reaches five kilometers to reveal a wide expanse of sand and shallow waters. This phenomenon makes the beach ideal for exploration and allows visitors to observe the diverse marine life in the area.
If you are looking for an exciting holiday destination this new year, then these places in Odisha are definitely worth considering. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and head out for an unforgettable vacation in Odisha!