The 2022 Asheville Holiday Parade, presented by Bojangles, returns to downtown on Saturday, November 19, starting at 11 a.m.
that produced Downtown Asheville Association In partnership with the City of Asheville, the show features over 75 entries including marching bands, dance and cheerleading teams, youth sports, nonprofits, businesses, and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus.
After the show there will be free photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus at The Grove Arcade from 2pm to 4pm.
Here’s need-to-know information for those planning to attend.
The parade will begin on Biltmore Street on Charlotte Street, run north onto Patton Street, then west on Patton Street, and finish on south French Broad Avenue.
The show’s official viewing station is on the corner of Biltmore and Patton Avenues, but attendees will find great viewing areas along Biltmore and Patton Streets.
The show is expected to last about an hour and a half.
- Wall Street Garage is accessible via Otis Street;
- Aloft/Biltmore Garage is accessible via South Lexington Street;
- Buncombe County Courthouse garage is accessible via College Street;
- The Buncombe County Health and Human Services parking garage is accessible via Coxe Avenue off Sears Alley;
- Rankin Avenue and Civic Center garages are accessible via Rankin Street.
- Charlotte Street between College Street and McCormick Place will be closed to traffic at 7 a.m. to accommodate the latitude. Turn on McCormick Place and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Charlotte Avenue will reopen to traffic shortly after the show cleared the area.
- North and South Pack Square will be closed at 7:30 am to TV crew and judges area (no parking – checkout is enforced).
- The parade route will start closing roads at 9am (no parking – towing enforced).
- All roads that intersect the parade route will be restricted to local traffic only.
- Roads are expected to reopen around 2pm once street sweeping and cleaning work is complete.
Other useful information
- Restrooms: Available at Back Square Park Pavilion, 121 College Street, look for portable restrooms in Southback Square near Biltmore Avenue, at the Lazy Room Parking lot in Biltmore, and at First Bank on Baton Avenue and St. Church.
- Transit routes will be affected. please check https://www.ashevillenc.gov/service/transit-maps-schedules scheduled adjustments.
- ADA Accessibility: For anyone needing accessible parking or other ADA accommodations, please call Jon Fillman at 828-259-5738 or email at [email protected] By noon, November 18.
The 2022 Asheville Holiday Parade is presented by Bojangles of the WNC and the following sponsors: Explore Asheville, English Markets, Apple Tree Honda, Winter Lights at North Carolina Arboretum, Deerfield Retirement Community, Sun Sue Martial Arts, Duke Energy, Kudzu Brands, Look at Asheville, Kimpton Arras Hotel, Aloft Asheville Downtown, WLOS ABC 13 , My40, Star 104.3, 99.9 Kiss Country, Asheville Color & Imaging and IMA Photo & Images.