On select dates running through December 30th, the Answers at Genesis will once again host their fantastic annual Christmas programming at the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in Northern Kentucky.
ChristmasTown at the Museum of Creation and ChristmasTime at the Ark will display hundreds of thousands of strobe lights. The museum will continue to display the living nativity. At The Ark, its Answer Center will provide a cozy place for guests to enjoy the amazing animated show “Encounter the Wonder” on a massive 70-foot LED screen, and special concerts with singing Christmas carols and live animal encounters – all for free. New this year at the Ark is a free petting indoor heated zoo at Ararat Ridge Zoo.
Most of the holiday activities are free. For residents of the surrounding counties, parking is also free.
A video of the museum’s beautifully decorated grounds is available here.
Through December 13th at both locations, Christmas events will be held Wednesday through Sunday, starting at 5 p.m. Then from December 14th to 30th, events will take place every evening starting at 5pm (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
Ken Hamm, CEO and Founder of Attractions, said, “Each year, our guests love walking the attractions’ plazas while viewing thousands of amazing lights. At the Ark, visitors can see the gorgeous, ever-changing colored lights that will light up the life-size 510-foot ark feet, as they will enjoy the warmth of the Answers Center for Christmas music and other programs.At the Creation Museum, guests will experience our traditional living nativity and the amazing colored lights that surround our beautiful lake.”
This free, family-friendly ChristmasTime event features:
• A vast sea of bright multi-colored lights on the vast lands of the ark.
• The Ark’s resident musicians, TrueSong, and other music groups – as well as long-form sing-alongs of favorite Christmas songs and short dramas – will perform at 6pm each night at the Answer Center.
• Live animal encounters with animals from the Ark’s Zoo will take place on the Zoo’s Animal/Actor Stage. Guests can walk the zoo grounds and see live animals for free.
• Parking is $15.
Continuing a 15-year tradition, ChristmasTown at the Creation Museum invites families to enjoy free activities. Parking is $15.
• Magnificent Garden of Lights lit up with large steel dinosaurs – Many guests say it’s one of the best Christmas light displays in the entire Midwest.
• The traditional Live Christmas will present the true meaning of Christmas, as it depicts Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus.
• Live animals at the Eden Animal Experience, on the museum’s beautifully lit grounds.
• The free 4D show “Meeting of Wonders” inside the special effects theatre. In the high-tech planetarium, the amazing program “Christmas Star” was shown (buy a ticket).
“ChristmasTime and ChristmasTown are our gift to the community during this special time of year,” Hamm said. “Visitors will not only have a great time together, but their hearts and thoughts will turn to Jesus and the special gift he gives us because of his birth, death and resurrection. Invite your friends to visit these world-renowned attractions.”
Answers in Genesis is an apologetics service (ie, the defense of the Bible) based in northern Kentucky, near Cincinnati. AiG’s Ark Encounter is a unique historical-themed game with a huge Noah’s Ark at its center. Built to biblical dimensions in Genesis chapter 6, the Ark is 510 feet long, making it the largest free-standing, wood-frame structure in the world. The Museum of Creation, located just west of Cincinnati Airport, has welcomed millions of visitors since it opened in 2007.
The Arc Encounter is located at exit 154 of I-75 in Williamstown and the Creation Museum is off I-275 exit in Petersburg