Lincoln residents have an extra week to use the city’s help to recycle Christmas trees and lights. The City offers Christmas tree delivery locations through January 16 at the following locations:
- Ballard Park3901 North 66th Street
- Holmes Lake ParkSouth 70th and Ordinary Streets, parking lot west of the North Softball Stadium
- Oak Lake Parkthree blocks south of Cornhusker on North First Street
- Tierra GardenSouth 29th Street and Terra Drive
- Singh Park At University Place, North 50th and Garland Streets
- Woods ParkSouth 31st Street, C Street, Southeast corner of the parking lot
All decorations, tinsel, lights, skirts and waste disposal bags should be removed from trees.
Additionally, Tuesday is the last day that holiday lights can be recycled at these locations:
- Eastridge Primary School car park6245 L – the southwest side of the building near the stadium
- Lincoln Children’s Zoo parking lot2847 A Street – across from A Street south of the Zoo
- All Lincoln Fire and Rescue stations
For more information about recycling and waste, visit the city’s website.