2022 is coming to an end! With only a few days left until 2023, it’s time to look at the calendar and get ready and plan your holidays for the upcoming New Year. If you are also one of these backpackers, the coming year will bring you a number of opportunities. With about 15 possible long weekends, 2023 can best be described as a year of fun and travel. Take a look at the vacations you have to look forward to.
Long weekends 2023
1. December 31: New Year’s Eve (Saturday), January 1: New Year’s Eve (Sunday).
So, you can take Friday, December 30th off, then three days off and you can plan a short trip.
2. Lohri, Makar Sankranti, January 14th (Saturday), and Pongal January 15th (Sunday)
You can take off on January 13th and 16th in order to have four days off.
3. January 26 (Thursday): Republic Day, January 28 (Saturday) and January 29 (Sunday)
The last long weekend falls at the end of January. Just take a vacation on January 27th, Friday, and you’ll be sorted.
1. 18 February Mahashivratri (Saturday) & 19 February (Sunday)
You can take a day off on February 17th to plan a three-day vacation.
1. March 8th Holi (Wednesday), March 11th (Saturday) and March 12th (Sunday)
You get two days off on March 9 and 10 (Thursday and Friday), giving you five full days from March 8 to 12.
1. April 4th Mahavir Jayanti (Tuesday), April 7th (Good Friday) (Friday), April 8th (Saturday) and April 9th (Sunday)
She must take two days off, April 5 and 6, for a six-day vacation.
May 5 Buddha Purnima (Friday), May 6 (Saturday) and May 7 (Sunday)
June and July
1. June 17 (Saturday), June 18 (Sunday) and June 20 (limited holiday) (Tuesday)
You can take your leave on June 19 to enjoy a four-day holiday.
2. June 29: Bakri Eid (Thursday), July 1 (Saturday) and July 2 (Sunday).
A day off Friday can give you a four-day weekend from June 29 to July 2.
1. August 12 (Saturday), August 13 (Sunday), August 15 Independence Day (Tuesday), August 16 Persian New Year (restricted holiday) (Wednesday)
A day off from work on Monday can give you a long weekend from August 12th to August 15th.
2. 26th August (Saturday), 27th August (Sunday), 29th August (restricted holiday) (Tuesday) and 30th August (Raksha Bandhan) (Wednesday)
1. September 7 (Restricted Holiday) (Thursday), September 9 (Saturday) and September 10 (Sunday)
You can take four days off if you take a day off on September 8th.
2. September 16th (Saturday), September 17th (Sunday), and September 19th Ganesh Chaturthi (Restricted Holiday) (Tuesday)
You can get four days off by taking September 18th off.
1. 30th September (Saturday), 1st October (Sunday) & 2nd October Gandhi Jayanti (Monday)
2. October 21 (Saturday), October 22 (Sunday) and October 24 (Tuesday)
Four days off if you take off on October 23rd.
1. November 11th (Saturday) & November 12th Diwali (Sunday) & November 13th Govardhan Puja (Restricted Holiday) (Monday)
2. November 25 (Saturday), November 26 (Sunday) and November 27 Guru Nanak Jayanti (Monday)
1. December 23rd (Saturday), December 24th (Sunday), December 25th Christmas (Monday)
Read more travel news